Long Island's Top CONCTACT US NOW
I hired Popkin Electric because I had to redo the work of a cheaper company that I found in the... read more
Andrew Popkin really knows his work. One wall of our kitchen lost all power. I tried resetting breakers in... read more
Thank You Popkin for outstanding service. Ellis and his worker were friendly, efficient and provided outstanding service. They advised us... read more
Andrew takes pride in what he does.
His professionalism and expertise are appreciated.
His staff is terrific and they represent his company... read more
When it comes to electrical repairs in North Bellport, you should never cut corners. If you have a repair in you in North Bellport house that you need done, you should always hire a qualified electrician. Even if the repair seems like it could be something you can tackle yourself, keep in mind that you want to keep your home and family safe. Knowing the symptoms of an electrical problem can help you make repairs to prevent a dangerous situation that might lead to electrocution or property damage. In this post, we will explain some of the repair jobs, and signs of potential repairs, that will require the assistance of a qualified electrician from the team of Popkin Electric, one of the leading Long Island Electrical Companies.
Circuit Breaker Problems
Circuit breakers are designed to trip when a circuit is overloaded. By shutting off the electrical supply, the breaker prevents wires from overheating and potentially starting a fire.Breakers can also trip when they become old. Occasional tripping can indicate simple overloads. Try plugging the appliance into a different circuit. If a circuit breaker trips frequently, you should consult an electrician. Working inside an electrical panel requires skill. Even with the main breaker shut off, electrical power is still entering the panel. Leave this type of work to professional electrical contractors.
If you feel a mild shock or tingle when touching an appliance, a ground fault in the appliance or improper electrical wiring may be the cause. If you notice a shock after crossing a carpeted surface, it may be from static, which is common in the winter and not cause for concern. You should, however, take other types of electrical shock seriously as you don't want to risk the situation becoming worse. Call a professional electrician.Hot Ceiling Fixtures
You should occasionally check the area around your ceiling light fixtures for warmth because not all fixtures are well insulated. In addition, if you exceed the maximum recommended wattage for the bulb, the fixture can overheat. Too much heat buildup could pose a fire hazard. Switching to compact fluorescent light (CFL) or light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs provides one solution because these bulbs don't produce as much heat as incandescent bulbs.Flickering Lights
Flickering lights may be a sign of a defective or loose light bulb. If replacing the bulb doesn't solve the problem, consult a licensed electrician. The fault may be in the light fixture. Also, either the connections to the fixture or you are in North Bellport home electrical wiring in the circuit breaker box may be loose. This type of electrical problem requires professional diagnosis to ensure a complete repair.Light Switches and Outlets Not Working Properly
Light switches or receptacles that work only intermittently give away another home electrical problem. The wiring may be loose or the device may be cracked internally. If a plug is loose in a receptacle, it can pose a problem as well. If the plug partially falls out, an unsuspecting individual could accidentally receive a shock when unplugging the cord. If you suspect this is the case, hire one of our professional electricians in Suffolk to inspect your wiring to determine whether any loose connections exist, and replace any defective devices.Burning Odors or Sparks
If you notice a burning odor coming from any outlets or switches, turn the power off at the electrical panel. Contact a qualified electrician for appropriate repairs. The problem may be a faulty device, but it could also be a wiring or overload problem. A burning smell is a serious issue because it could indicate the start of an electrical fire. Receptacles or connected electrical cords that are warm to the touch are also a sign of an electrical problem. Do not use the receptacle until the situation has been repaired by a North Bellport electrician.Occasional sparks when you first plug in an appliance are not unusual. Sparks that are large or happen frequently will indicate a problem with your outlet or the circuit. If you hear a popping sound, it may signal that a wire may be loose. Locating the loose wire in a circuit isn't always easy. Diagnosing and repairing electrical problems can be tricky, so you'll need to follow safety procedures for all electrical services.
Do not take electrical issues into your own hands if you are not a trained electrician. It is far better for the welfare of your family in North Bellport to call in some commercial contractors. The team at Popkin Electric, a top electrician in Suffolk County, is here to answer any questions you may have about electrical problems in your home.